Saturday, January 30, 2010

Christensen's Faery Tales Week: Day 7


Today is the seventh and final day of identifying the fairy tales in James Christensen's Faery Tales. I plan to post the answers tomorrow or Monday to give everyone some extra time to see all the images and post their answers.

Well, I'll post answers to at least 22 of them since I'm unsure about two of them still myself as I mentioned on the first day. So far, no one including me knows which fairy tale is represented by the little boy carring the bundle, Fairy Tale 1 in my list.

And so I give you the final three fairy tale images:



Fairy Tale 22


Fairy Tale 23


Fairy Tale 24: This is the other fairy tale I'm unsure of. I've debated whether it's one of the tailors from Emperor's New Clothes, but I think not since there is one instead of two tailors and he is still somewhat separated from the action. He must be another tale, unless I've missed a reference elsewhere in the puzzle. If anyone else sees one I've missed, let me know!

This was easy in so many ways, but challenging with those final two tales!

For your convenience in copying and pasting into comments:

Fairy Tale 22:
Fairy Tale 23:
Fairy Tale 24:

Once again, the puzzle is quite affordable at Amazon and other retailers. It also comes in a 1,000 piece version from what I've seen online, but I preferred the 1,500. Alas, prints of the painting are much more expensive, but readily available at the James Christensen site among others. (I am an Amazon affiliate, as we all know by now, but am not affiliated with any of the other sites linked in this post.)

3 comments:

  1. If you look he's one of the tailor's in the picture shown above. His shoes peek out a bit and her orange dress is in the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #24: My instant thought was Rumpelstiltskin. He's taller than the typical representation but he is shorter than the woman he's adjacent to and has the odd variety of clothes, the dexterous & long fingers and a slightly twisted/humped figure. Seems unusual for Christensen to not exploit these traits more in his drawing but perhaps he's just keeping in style with the rest of the figures? Just a thought.

    I thought the box came with a legend that identified all the tales. I know the print does at least.

    Always nice to see Diamonds & Toads (or The Fairies, or whichever variant he used).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm - I missed the Rumpelstiltskin day! LOL Oops. No further ideas on #24...

    ReplyDelete