Tuesday, March 27, 2012

New Edition Released: The Twelve Dancing Princesses by Ruth Sanderson



The Twelve Dancing Princesses by Ruth Sanderson is one of my favorite renditions of the fairy tale. And I have only owned it in paperback, but the good news is that it has been re-released with a new cover in hardcover so I can finally own a pristine copy of the book. It was released earlier this month and has been sitting in my blog drafts for too long. It is a truly gorgeous book and has captured more than my fancy. A friend of a friend wanted to make sure I knew about it last year when she learned I work with fairy tales. She was passionate about it, too.

Here is a video promoting the new edition with previews of many of the illustrations:




And here are some more images:


You can read about the conception and execution of this rather famous image (it has been licensed quite a bit) on Sanderson's site at The Artist at Work. Page down to the very bottom.


1 comment: