Thursday, March 29, 2012

Music Month: Cinderella by The Cheetah Girls



Cinderella by The Cheetah Girls. Yes, I had to do it. I prefer this song to the Britney Spears one I also featured today. Poor Cinderella. We really give her a bad rap in music.

From the lyrics:

[GALLERIA:]
When I was just a little girl,
My mama used to tuck me into bed,
And she'd read me a story.

[CHANEL:]
It always was about a princess in distress
And how a guy would save her
And end up with the glory.

[DORINDA:]
I'd lie in bed
And think about
The person that I wanted to be,

[AQUA:]
Then one day I realized
The fairy tale life wasn’t for me.

[CHORUS – ALL:]
I don’t wanna be like Cinderella,
Sitting in a dark, cold, dusty cellar,
Waiting for somebody to come and set me free (Come and set me free)
I don’t wanna be like someone waiting
For a handsome prince to come and save me
On I will survive
Unless somebody's on my side
Don't wanna depend on no one else.
I’d rather rescue myself.

And, as always, a video:

No comments:

Post a Comment