Monday, March 19, 2012

Music Month: Fairytale by Sara Bareilles



There are several versions of Sara Bareilles's Fairytale since it has appeared on a few of her albums.

Of the many, many songs of disillusionment using fairy tales--a few characters actually--this is one of my favorites. And until I was writing this post, I had never watched the music video which I also enjoyed--she throws in some extra fairy tales that aren't in the lyrics. The video is embedded below--it's the best version I found online, many of them were too blurry to appreciate them.

First stanza of the lyrics:

Cinderella's on her bedroom floor
She's got a
Crush on the guy at the liquor store
Cause Mr. Charming don't come home anymore
And she forgets why she came here
Sleeping Beauty's in a foul mood
For shame she says
None for you dear prince, I'm tired today
I'd rather sleep my whole life away than have you keep me from dreaming

2 comments:

  1. I was hoping you would post this song. And I've never seen this video before either, so yay :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this song and I can't wait to get her new EP on 5/22!

    ReplyDelete