Friday, March 9, 2012

Music Month: Hey Cinderella by Suzy Bogguss



Hey Cinderella by Suzy Bogguss is one of my favorite Cinderella inspired songs. Yes, it's another message of disillusionment but still not as negative as so many others. I'm not a big country music fan despite all my years in Nashville--I was born here and have always moved back even after years away. But I do love folk so Bogguss is one of my favorite country artists since she has a strong folk influenced in many of her recordings. Her voice also fits perfectly in my own range which is a bonus for singing along.

From the information included with the video embedded above:

"Hey Cinderella" is a single and song from the 1993 album, "Something Up My Sleeve", by Suzy Bogguss. The album was released on Liberty Records and was produced by Suzy Bogguss and Jimmy Bowen. The album peaked at #27 on the Billboard Top Country Albums charts.

"Hey Cinderella" was written by Matraca Berg, Suzy Bogguss and Gary Harrison. The single was released on Liberty Records and peaked at #5 on the Billboard Hot Country Singles and Tracks charts in early 1994.
The music video was directed by Roger Pistole.

The chorus, from the lyrics:

Hey hey, Cinderella, what's the story all about
I got a funny feeling we missed a page or two somehow
Ohh-ohhhh, Cinderella, maybe you could help us out
Does the shoe fit you now?

 

1 comment:

  1. I love Suzy Bogguess. On the subject of fairy tales in music...I just came across the video for Lay All Your Love on Me by Erasure, which has some Snow White and Red Riding Hood stuff in it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlYcgp8Nsp4&feature=related

    ReplyDelete