Saturday, March 3, 2012

Music Month: Prince Charming by Adam Ant


Adam Ant - Prince Charming by jpdc11

Okay, here's one that is also 30 years old, "Prince Charming" by Adam Ant. Wow, somehow I missed the music video for this one the first time around but it definitely plays with Cinderella. Or I don't remember it. I am an 80s child, but music videos weren't in my regular viewing except for Friday Night Videos when I had sleepovers with friends. So it's not surprising, but if I ever did see this one, it didn't stick in my memory.

But the lyrics aren't about the fairy tale, but this makes a fascinating historical journey to the 80s. And Cinderlad twist on Cinderella. The theme is much more obvious these days than it was to me at age 10 or so.

2 comments:

  1. OMG!!! Do I remember this!! And just like that, the tune is in my head, without even having to listen to it *lol* Ooo-er, how old does that make me?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. His "Puss in Boots" video is also fun, with the robo-mice and female Puss.

    ReplyDelete