Saturday, May 18, 2013

Bargain Ebook: Five Little Pigs by Agatha Christie



Since I'm a sucker for books that use nursery rhymes/finger plays as well as fairy tales to form their plot, I had to share that Amazon has the ebook version of Five Little Pigs (Hercule Poirot Mysteries / Queen of Mystery) by Agatha Christie bargain priced today only for $1.99. It'll be back to $6.99-7.99 tomorrow. I've not read this one--and am admittedly not a Poirot fan (I know, shame on me)--but this will make a great distraction the next time I'm stuck in a line somewhere.

I'm also gradually building up my Christie library as they are bargain priced. My favorites--the Tommy and Tuppence books--keep staying full price however. Hard to justify when they sit in paper on my shelf. And my oldest niece is a few years away from enjoying these so I'm stockpiling for her, too.

Book description:

Beautiful Caroline Crale was convicted of poisoning her husband, yet there were five other suspects: Philip Blake (the stockbroker) who went to market; Meredith Blake (the amateur herbalist) who stayed at home; Elsa Greer (the three-time divorcee) who had roast beef; Cecilia Williams (the devoted governess) who had none; and Angela Warren (the disfigured sister) who cried 'wee wee wee' all the way home.

It is sixteen years later, but Hercule Poirot just can't get that nursery rhyme out of his mind…

No comments:

Post a Comment