Monday, November 15, 2010

Share Your Rapunzel Love...




If you are at all exposed to any media right now, you are aware that Disney's Tangled will be released stateside next Wednesday. I've missed out on sneak peak opportunities but I will see it next weekend for I am fielding questions left and right about the fairy tale and need to see the movie to know what is going on.  Besides, it looks like it just might be fun.  That's been the consensus so far from those who have seen it, even those who don't want to like it admit they were entertained even if it was tempered with uneasiness.  And as for me, well, I am always thrilled with anything that brings fairy tales to a higher public awareness for a time.  It means more people are discussing one of my favorite topics, after all.

So next week will be another theme week here, with a holiday (Thanksgiving) right smack dab in the middle of it for those of us in the U.S. 

All week, I will offer various Rapunzel tidbits and other stuff.  I want your help though.  I have three copies of Rapunzel and Other Maiden in the Tower Tales From Around the World to give away.  I am asking you to share your Rapunzel love (or hate if you must) with us.  Write a few paragraphs about why this fairy tale is special to you or even why you don't care for it.  I will share some of them on the blog and will randomly select three people from the submissions to receive a copy of my book. 


Rapunzel and Other Maiden in the Tower Tales From Around the World: Fairy Tales, Myths, Legends and Other Tales About Maidens in Towers


Yes, you can post here, but I will only count email submissions for I want to share your words in a post, not have them buried in a comment.  Put "Rapunzel Love and Hate" in the subject line and send it along to me at heidi at surlalunefairytales dot com.  I'm not picky about word count but I would ask for a minimum of 50 words. 

No comments:

Post a Comment