Monday, December 14, 2009

'Princess and the Frog' No. 1 at box office

From 'Princess and the Frog' No. 1 at box office by Nicole Sperling:

Disney's "The Princess and the Frog" dominated the pre-holiday weekend with a $25 million nationwide debut, pushing the frame up over the same weekend last year.

The 2-D animated flick introducing the first African-American princess Tiana proved to be a big hit with audiences, earning an A from exit pollster Cinemascore. It has now grossed close to $28 million including its $2 million from 2-week limited engagement and should be one of the highest-grossing movies of the upcoming holiday season.

I haven't seen it myself--I spent the weekend finishing my trip and then making the long, somewhat delayed journey home from the west coast back to home. I want to see it more out of curiosity than anything, so perhaps by the end of the year I will. I have yet to see a truly negative review, but I haven't had a chance to read most of them.

Stay tuned since I plan to discuss The Frog Prince all week here on the blog in addition to other newsy posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment