Friday, December 18, 2009

Frog Prince Week: The Tale of a Frog Kissed into a Prince



Heidi, you may be thinking, it's Friday and all you've really offered for Frog Prince week is lots of vicarious shopping. I know. Guilty as charged. I have even a few more "shopping" entries because this tale has been one of the best ever for finding unique, related items. Frogs are popular and frog princes almost as much. And it's so nice to find unusual things to share!

But today, almost at the end of the week, I offer some thinking material, just in time for your brain to be too tired with Friday fogginess and holiday distractedness. How considerate of me! I intended to post this on Monday or Tuesday, but I returned from my trip with a stuffy head and all I could focus on were the fun knick knacks I had collected in my searches.

So today, I offer you the introduction to my book about frog tales, The Frog Prince and Other Frog Tales From Around the World.

The introductory essay is titled The Tale of a Frog Kissed into a Prince and first appeared in a slightly different and condensed state in the Fall 2007 issue of Faerie Magazine. I have expanded it a little for the book and am now sharing it with you, like I do so much else, free of charge.

Like all my book introductions and articles for Faerie, I discuss the tale's history as well as modern interpretations and trends.

And the book will soon be available as a PDF for wider purchase and hopefully as a print edition soon after. Stay tuned, as always. I'm slow these days, but hopefully still sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment