Monday, November 21, 2011

Good News Grimm Fans!


NBC just announced that they have ordered a full season of Grimm. From 'Grimm' Gets Full-Season Order, Thursday Night Tryout:

NBC's new hit fairy-tale drama "Grimm" has been granted a full-season order, and will receive a special Thursday-night airing next month, the network announced Monday.

In what might be an experiment to test the waters for the series in a new time slot, NBC will air an original episode of the show Thursday, Dec. 8 at 10 p.m., followed by another original episode the next night in its regular time slot, Friday at 9 p.m.

Despite its less-than-desirable Friday night time slot, "Grimm" has performed well for the network, delivering a 2.1 rating/6 share in the adults 18-49 demographic for its Oct. 28 series premiere, a 62 percent improvement over the network's average in the time slot last season. Growing from there, "Grimm" has averaged a 2.3/7 in the demo and 6.9 million total viewers, improving the network's performance in the demo by 50 percent over the equivalent period last season.
That means BOTH fairy tale shows have been picked up for full seasons and are doing well, which I am sure followers here are some of the fans leading to this success. I finally caught up with Grimm over the past week and once again, I like it although I am not overwhelmed yet. Perhaps I feel this way since this past week's episode, Lonelyhearts, has been my least favorite. I like both of them for different reasons and am not going to compare them here, but I wondered if both would survive the first few episodes when I first heard about them, not because I doubted the shows, but the networks who are very fickle. But viewers are supporting the shows and it will be interesting to see where they go now with the knowledge they have 22 episodes to play with.

1 comment: