Monday, March 14, 2011

LRRH Week: Red Riding Hood by Louise Rowe


Red Riding Hood: A Pop-up Book

My passion for pop-up books is no secret. I have many children in my lives who love my personal collection. So when I discovered Louise Rowe's work, I was thrilled. Her first fairy tale pop-up release was Red Riding Hood: A Pop-up Book. (Here's the UK link and the French link and the Spanish link.) I have no idea why this hasn't been released in the U.S. yet. At this point, I doubt it will be. But it is available for ordering and I have my own now. Rowe has a more recent release of Hansel and Gretel which I will highlight tomorrow. For now, this one fits with my daily picture book for March as well as LRRH Week.

Here are some images from the book:




2 comments:

  1. I like it! It must be very amusing to look through the book. I've met Rowe's papercuts somewhere in Internet. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, man--I need to get a better paying job so I can afford to make my pop-up collection bigger! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete