Friday, January 7, 2011

SurLaLune Book Club Reminder: Sisters Red



We are already a week into the new year. Time is flying as I play catch up from the holidays! My real question however is how many of you have read Sisters Red for the SurLaLune Book Club yet? I've decided to host an ongoing discussion--no live chat this time--for the inaugural book club meeting on the SurLaLune Discussion Board. I will open up a discussion Sunday, January 23rd open to all visitors. That's just a little over two weeks away...which gives me hopefully enough time to figure out how to lead this thing. :)

I embedded the book trailer above to hopefully inspire you to join in the read.  Here's another link to the book with an image of the beautiful cover as well as the art for Pearce's upcoming book.  You can read more about Pearce's reaction to the cover art here or visit the artist's website at strawberryluna.

Sisters Red Sweetly

And if you've already finished the book, hopefully you have started on February's read, My Mother She Killed Me, My Father He Ate Me: Forty New Fairy Tales.

My Mother She Killed Me, My Father He Ate Me: Forty New Fairy Tales

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder! I am quite looking forward to this! :) I'm getting Sisters Red from my public library today and I've placed an ILL request for My Mother She Killed Me... through the academic library I work for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be listening to the audiobook (once I finish the one I'm on) this month. Looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finished Sisters Red a few weeks ago, and I really loved it! Looking forward to the discussion. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I finished Sisters Red and am looking forward to the discussion. In the meantime, I just bought My Mother She Killed Me... for my nook, so I'll be starting that one next.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the reminder! I finished Sisters Red, and I want to start on My Mother, My Father asap.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm half way thru now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I finished it this morning - couldn't hardly stop once I started!

    I look forward to discussing it.

    ReplyDelete