Saturday, January 8, 2011

Day 5: Marilee Heyer in Fairy Tale Art: Illustrations from Children's Books

Marilee Heyer is the fifth illustrator featured in Fairy Tale Art: Illustrations from Children's Books. You can read more about her at her website. Here's an excerpt:

Some of you may be familiar with my past work through my illustrated books and the Tamora Pierce book covers, which were all a joy to work on. As you see, my career has been long and varied. For the major part of this time I have worked in a detailed style using watercolors and colored pencil. I first used this technique on some creature paintings as portfolio pieces to take to Lucas Film to apply for work on “Return of the Jedi” (I did get work, too), many of which became the illustrations for my picture book, The Forbidden Door.
And now on to the illustrations:












Featured books:


The Weaving of a Dream (Picture Puffins) 

Other books not featured:

The Girl, the Fish, and the Crown: A Spanish Folktale A Year Without Rain Bring Me Three Gifts! We Goddesses: Athena, Aphrodite, Hera


The noncover images are property of the exhibition website.

No comments:

Post a Comment