Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Big Deal on EBooks

Amazon has a discounted ebooks promotion running through July 27th called The Big Deal with over 950 titles. The books range from $.99 to $3.99. I picked up a few that I owned in paper since I am addicted to ereader reading these days, especially big books. A month ago I accidentally killed my Kindle with a freak accident on a Friday night and was at Target buying a Kindle Special Offers to survive the weekend despite guilt over the price. (My husband, bless him, didn't blink because he KNOWS.) I also ended up getting my two existing Kindles replaced with refurbished ones by a very helpful Amazon staff, but I couldn't wait for shipping over the weekend. Now we own three and the special offers Kindle has almost paid for itself with the deals I've received on it in less than six weeks, so guilt be gone. The special offers Kindle is also now available in the 3G edition, meaning you don't need wifi to use it. I prefer the 3G for traveling because I have downloaded a few books in unusual places and thus preserved my sanity.

I work with books all day long. I will always love them. Reading is almost equivalent to breathing for me. But when I am relaxing, I prefer the little device with the simple bookmarking and highlighting. It is light weight and one fisted or even hands free reading with adjustable text size. The book/device disappears and I am a happy, happy reader. And I admit I enjoy reading the shared highlights of other readers, too. It adds a shared reading experience that I never anticipated.

And now for some titles, most fantasy that might appeal here although pretty much all genres and interests are represented in the sale. Some are repeats from previous sales, some are not:

From Girl to Goddess: The Heroine's Journey through Myth and Legend Fairy Tales Reimagined: Essays on New Retellings


Fairy Tales Reimagined: Essays on New Retellings edited by Susan Redington Bobby

Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell Dragon Slippers The Healer's Apprentice Finnikin of the Rock

Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke

Dragon Slippersby Jessica Day George

The Healer's Apprenticeby Melanie Dickerson

Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta

Faerie Wars (Faerie Wars Chronicles) Siren Dragon, Dragon: and Other Tales The Anime Art of Hayao Miyazaki

Faerie Wars (Faerie Wars Chronicles) by Herbie Brennan

Siren by John Everson

Dragon, Dragon: and Other Tales by John Gardner

The Anime Art of Hayao Miyazaki by Dani Cavallaro

Lament: The Faerie Queen's Deception Curry : A Tale of Cooks and Conquerors Longitude

Lament: The Faerie Queen's Deceptionby Maggie Stiefvater

Curry : A Tale of Cooks and Conquerors by Lizzie Collingham

Longitude by Dava Sobel

No comments:

Post a Comment