Thursday, June 2, 2011

Bryan Singer Talks Jack the Giant Killer




Here are some bits from Bryan Singer Talks Jack the Giant Killer. Click through to read the entire article.

The film stars Nicholas Hoult as the titular Jack, a farmhand who unwittingly opens a gateway between our world and a fearsome race of giants and must do battle with the big fellas to save his kingdom.

Principal photography commenced last week, and this is what Singer had to say on the subject of giant killing, performance capture, and the many fairytale adaptations hitting screens in the next two years.

Why Make Jack the Giant Killer?

"I don't know - I grew up reading the story of Jack and the Beanstalk. I'm also familiar with the Jack the Giant Killer myth from the 1700s. There was a script that existed a couple of years ago that I changed quite a bit. The idea of that Wizard of Oz-style journey - you've got a beanstalk - what's up there?"

The Fairytale Renaissance

I was involved with this over two-and-a-half years ago, or even longer - I was flirting with it almost three years ago. But [these fairytale features] are all just a function of Alice in Wonderland. And that's cool - it's a rensaissance of those kind of movies, and it's cool - I'm happy to be a part of two renaissances; the comic book renaissance, and now this one. But it wasn't intentional. In fact, I probably would have been shy about jumping into a fairytale movie with all of the projects out there now - I might have actually backed away from it. But now it's just serendipitous I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment