Wednesday, October 12, 2011

One More Bargain Book: Zombies vs. Unicorns edited by Holly Black and Justine Larbalestier



One more bargain ebook today at $3.99, this one is edited by Holly Black and Justine Larbalestier, Zombies vs. Unicorns. When they were promoting this one, I just laughed. I am of the unicorn generation--not that there aren't fans in every generation--but unicorns were EVERYWHERE in the early 80s and I owned my share. I didn't join too many fads, but unicorns were in my natural inclination so I vote unicorns everytime.* Zombies not so much.

This book was very well-reviewed and I now own it on my Kindle. Lovely day, isn't it?

Book description from the publisher:

It’s a question as old as time itself: Which is better, the zombie or the unicorn? This all-original anthology, edited by Holly Black (Team Unicorn) and Justine Larbalestier (Team Zombie), makes strong arguments for each side with eerie and amazing short stories from an all-star lineup of contributors, including bestselling and award-winning authors Cassandra Clare, Libba Bray, Kathleen Duey, Garth Nix, Maureen Johnson, Meg Cabot, Scott Westerfeld, and Margo Lanagan.

Discover how unicorns use their powers for evil, why zombies aren’t always the enemy, and much more in this creative collection that showcases zombies and unicorns as you have never seen them before.

*And while I have unicorns on the brain, don't get me started about the argument one fellow sixth grader had with me over this cover of A Swiftly Tilting Planet (Madeleine L'Engle's Time Quintet) by my beloved Madeleine L'Engle. I was almost devastated when she trashed the book because "Unicorns don't have wings, so it is WRONG." One of my favorite books and my favorite unicorn, Gaudior, was being attacked and I was also very fond of that particular cover. She even grabbed it out of my hand to wave at the teacher for confirmation. I don't remember what the teacher said. For me, it was a unicorn. Madeleine L'Engle said so. I am so happy I am no longer eleven years old....



That really is a gorgeous cover and still my favorite for the book.

1 comment: