Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Learned at The Southern Festival of Books



Not only did I present at the Southern Festival of Books this past weekend--I thought it was a success and thank everyone who attended--I also got to attend some of the sessions of other authors. Things learned to anticipate include:

Matthew Reinhart has a Sleeping Beauty pop-up book slated for a 2013 release. It's not even listed yet, but I will be preordering it and adding it to my shelves with Cinderella: A Pop-Up Fairy Tale and Robert Sabuda's Beauty & the Beast: A Pop-up Book of the Classic Fairy Tale. Need I mention that this makes me really, really happy? There were no previews, but Reinhart said he worked long and hard on the castle pop up for this book in his desire to make it beautiful.


Jackson Pearce was also there and talked about her fairy tale novels. She has a third one slated for 2012, a Little Mermaid retelling from the "temple princess's POV" titled Fathomless. Pearce has already given us Sweetly and Sisters Red. Which have some of the greatest covers for fairy tale retellings ever. I hope Fathomless has the same artist to complete the set.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I'm excited about Fathomless! I'm all about mermaids right now.

    ReplyDelete