Wednesday, October 19, 2011

New Release: Treasured Classics by Michael Hague



Treasured Classics by Michael Hague was released last week. Hague has been illustrating fairy tales for decades and I've always enjoyed his work. To be honest, I am not sure if this is a reprint or collection gleaned from previous work but the style is very consistent (Hague always is anyway) so I think it might be new. I can't find an answer online to that question. Either way, most of his fairy tale work is out of print so this is a new, clean, unused edition collecting fifteen tales. A lovely book I may have to add to my library, too. I own some of his other works but not enough to skip this one.



Description from the publisher:

Acclaimed illustrator Michael Hague brings his hallmark artistry to 15 classic stories that have delighted children for generations. From “Cinderella” and “Sleeping Beauty” to “The Gingerbread Man” and “The Three Billy Goats Gruff,” each story is lush with detail and loaded with magic. A wealth of fable and fantasy, truly to be treasured.

Michael Hague has illustrated more than 20 children’s classics. He is also the artist for several popular books written by his wife, Kathleen. He lives in Colorado Springs, Colorado.



No comments:

Post a Comment