Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Sharing a Review for Entwined by Heather Dixon


Entwined

Entwined by Heather Dixon just got a stellar review from Bookshelves of Doom. Here's an excerpt:

Just when I thought I'd rather pull an Oedipus (the eyes, not the mom) than read yet another re-telling of "The Twelve Dancing Princesses", along came Heather Dixon's Entwined, which somehow managed to feel fresh and original and charming AS WELL AS adding humor and suspense to a story that we all know every in and out of WHILE STILL staying true to the original.

Seriously, I'm still not sure how she managed it. This book was pure enjoyment.

***

Awesome relationships and dynamics between just EVERYONE.

Have I used the word awesome yet?

If you dig the fairy tale books, be sure not to miss this one.

The review itself is much longer so click over to read it. So has anyone else read and loved this one yet?

3 comments:

  1. I picked up the book after you mentioned it here and it was wonderful! Like a charming gothic horror retelling, with funny bits.

    ~Lylassandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first, I found the story a bit slow, but after a few chapters it is completely captivating!!!! I am a grimm's fairy tale fanatic, and the Twelve Dancing Princesses is one of my favorites, and this version is the BEST ever told.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is totally surreal. When I was writing the story, I used this site as a reference (I think it's the only place that has the annotated version of the story.) Thanks for all your work. And for the shout-out! ^_^

    ReplyDelete