Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A Cinderella Story: Once Upon a Song



 

A Cinderella Story: Once Upon a Song is a new release and the third in what can best be called the Cinderella Story franchise, I guess. This one is a musical and also has a soundtrack available. Here's the brief description of the movie:

Katie dreams of being a recording artist but is continually thwarted by her cruel stepmother and stepsister. When Katie falls hard for Luke, the new boy at her performing arts school, she tries to get his attention with her singing.
I have to admit I have only seen the first Cinderella Story and I have seen it more than a few times since it was a group favorite when I was teaching a group of 9-11 year-old-girls in a program similar to Girl Scouts about five years ago. Cinderella Story and Aquamarine and Ice Princess were the most requested for movie nights when I hosted the girls at my house for activities. And, no, the girls were not even aware of my fairy tale connections beyond some requests for some storytelling when carpooling. Of those three movies, I prefered Aquamarine the most although if I were to pick my favorite recent modernization of a fairy tale it would be Sydney White since I like Amanda Bynes better than most of these other starlets. Has anyone else seen Another Cinderella Story, the second movie in the franchise?

No comments:

Post a Comment