Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Jim Henson's The Frog Prince and Hey Cinderella and Bremen and Others



And, yes, while we have Jim Henson on the brain, I might as well post about his Frog Prince film, too. This is another fan/cult favorite. This time I will link to one of the videos on YouTube since this one has never been released to DVD to my knowledge. There are VHS tapes around, but how many people even have a VHS player anymore? I do, but I am a rarity. And I don't own this.

And while we're here, I'll add Henson's Hey Cinderella and Muppet Musicians of Bremen. All of these were made for tv, but that's film and they are charming. I didn't go hunting for the shorts available in Muppet Classic Theater, but I am sure you can find those, too, if you look. They include "The Three Little Pigs", "King Midas", "Rumplestiltskin", "The Boy Who Cried Wolf", "The Elves & The Shoemaker", and "The Emperor's New Clothes".


The Frog Prince:



Hey Cinderella:



Muppet Musicians of Bremen:

No comments:

Post a Comment