Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Jane True Books by Nicole Peeler



Tempest Rising (Jane True) 

The Big Deal sale on Kindle books ends tomorrow and although I featured some covers in my previous post, I didn't really highlight any of the books more specifically. I've ordered a few myself including Tempest Rising (Jane True) by Nicole Peeler, the first in a series that has been pretty popular, since it is at the pretty much risk free price of $1.99. I haven't read it yet, but Jane True is a selkie so she fits right in with our mermaid theme this month. See more at the end of the post about content warnings.

Book description:

Living in small town Rockabill, Maine, Jane True always knew she didn't quite fit in with so-called normal society. During her nightly, clandestine swim in the freezing winter ocean, a grisly find leads Jane to startling revelations about her heritage: she is only half-human.

Now, Jane must enter a world filled with supernatural creatures alternatively terrifying, beautiful, and deadly- all of which perfectly describe her new "friend," Ryu, a gorgeous and powerful vampire.

It is a world where nothing can be taken for granted: a dog can heal with a lick; spirits bag your groceries; and whatever you do, never-ever-rub the genie's lamp.

If you love Sookie Stackhouse, then you'll want to dive into Nicole Peeler's enchanting debut novel.

Tracking the Tempest (Jane True) Tempest's Legacy (Jane True) Eye of the Tempest (Jane True)

Despite the appearance of the covers, these are for adults, not really YA although I am sure that market is also reading them. From the reviews, the sexual content appears to be pretty high so read at your own risk. It's when I see covers like this that I realize I am aging out of another target demographic, darn it, because the covers don't appeal to me and I even read YA on a regular basis. They don't say adult content to me either. In fact, to me they appear to be middle reader, but from the content warnings, they most certainly are not. Between the covers and the content concerns, I will eventually peruse at least the first book since, hey, $1.99. It's an inexpensive way to see what the book trends are at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment