Saturday, February 16, 2019

Fairy Tale Sticky Page Flags: Little Red Riding Hood and Little Mermaid




While most of my reading is now done digitally, my folklore library is still primarily paper. And I often need to mark pages to return to notes and references. The usual flags, post-its, junk mail, etc. serve as my usual bookmarks, but I admit I couldn't resist these particular page flags which are the best way to mark research with a low paper profile as well as stickiness. I admit, I like the Fairy Tale Collection Sticky Flags for obvious reasons. It's fun to have Little Red Riding Hood represented and Little Mermaid is fine, too. I would have loved some Beauty and the Beast, of course, but I'm not complaining. These are just fun no matter what.


BUT....

I was even more excited by the Romance Collection Sticky Flags and the Young Ladies Collection Sticky Flags. Because I am very typical with my classics books adorations. Which means I still regularly reread Pride and Prejudice, Jane Eyre, Anne of Green Gables and Little Women. (All of those book links go to annotated versions that I actually own. Are you surprised I'd like annotated versions? Probably not.)

These were correctly bundled together for me, even if Austen and Bronte would disagree on the pairing themselves. Side note, these books still hold up for me through decades of rereading. So many books don't. Little Women has suffered the most of the four for me but I still enjoy it despite a few pangs and I admire Louisa May Alcott for countless reasons, too. I've been rereading some other teenaged favorites lately. Daddy-Long-Legs entertained me greatly a few weeks ago. But a few years ago, Rebecca went on my never again pile.





Fortunately, I am personally able to resist the Love Story Collection Sticky Flags which feature Wuthering Heights and Romeo and Juliet. I'd call that the tragic, unhealthy love collection myself. No thanks. These titles have never been on my regular comfort reread piles. They make Jane Eyre and Rochester look healthy.

You can also see the Enchanted Sea Mermaid Collection Sticky Flags which is really mermaids and ocean critters. There is also the Wizard of Oz and Alice in Wonderland Storybook Collection Sticky Flags if you're a fan of these stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment