Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Statistically six out of seven Dwarfs are not Happy

From The Spoof, which of course means that this is a completely fabricated "news" story:

Statistically six out of seven Dwarfs are not Happy by Seb 'ODriscoll

Studies have shown that six out of seven dwarfs are not Happy. Literary experts announced their findings after three years of painstakingly analysis of children's classic, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

Master Antonio Cherry, who led the research, said: "We assiduously studied every aspect of the fairy tale and have concluded that of the seven dwarfs, only one was Happy. Of course there was only one Sleepy, Sneezy, Grumpy, Bashful and Dopey too. We are still trying to penetrate the meaning of Doc though."

There's some more on the article page, but this was the funniest part. The rest gets political, too, if that matters to you.

But this made me smile so I thought I would share...

And here are more along the same lines--I didn't read all of these so I'm not vouching for good taste--read at your own risk...

Snow White says drink was spiked

Sneezy From Seven Dwarves Dies Of Swine Flu

Scientists Find Snow White's Dwarf Happy Had the Happiness Gene; So Did Dopey

Snow White charged in "Dumpty" murder

Snow White's Doc Discredited

Snow White Arrested in Texas

3 comments:

  1. I particularly like, "We are still trying to penetrate the meaning of Doc though." That one has always had me confused, too. ;-)

    Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!
    I don't get to comment much, but I really do enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey,

    I was searching on feminist takes on Snow White and found your post. The links didn't really help, but I really liked them. Anyway I stuck to analyzing the movie, but found it is interesting that the actually fairy tale portrayed women quite a bit differently. Anyway I would love if you read my post and gave me some feedback.


    Cassandra
    http://femicentricity.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete