Friday, April 20, 2012

Fairy Tales in Stitches: Princess and the Pea?



Here's a mish mashed fairy tale if I've ever seen one.

This is an older design, certainly before this century, probably the 80s or 90s although I am unsure of the maker. I found the design on Austintatious Offerings and was tickled by it. We all know I love Princess and the Pea designs, but for once, this is NOT a favorite. I like the bed well enough but what is up with that sleeping cap? And the window and chest? They rather overwhelm the bed.

And why do I look at this and expect a wolf and Little Red Riding Hood to suddenly appear? Because for me, this looks like Granny climbed into the princess's bed. Perhaps that's the true story--the wolf didn't eat Granny, she just ran away and climbed into someone else's bed Goldilocks-style to get a good night's rest because that pea is obviously not disturbing her sleep.

I take it back, I do like this one a lot for the humor factor alone. I have a whole story in my head for this one, a story I haven't read before!

No comments:

Post a Comment