Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Fairy Tales in Stitches: Patterns by Sandy Orton



These are two long out of print patterns by Sandy Orton which Austintatious Offerings has listed at a hefty price that still tempts me. The Rapunzel pattern is my favorite--there's even the scissors details that delights me--but I like the Sleeping Beauty as well. Actually, even Rapunzel's expression appeals to me since she appears to know exactly what is going on. I would love to own both, but the price is a little out of my price range right now. Too bad they haven't been reprinted during all of this fairy tale popularity right now.


There was one more pattern in the series from the late 1990s, a Cinderella naturally. I could only find a good picture of it through a defunct listing on iOffer. Nevermind that all three characters look alike in this series.


3 comments:

  1. Let me know if you found this patterns (Rapunzel, Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella). I have all 3 and I think I have duplicates. joannemarriam@frontier.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so you know...you can get these patterns as PDF files or hard copy through the Kooler Designs website :) I just got Rapunzel and plan on buying the other 2 soon.

    http://www.koolerdesign.com/shopproductdetail.aspx?ProductID=1225

    They only show mock ups because I am assuming they bought the rights to the patterns only, not the model photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did the Cinderella about 20 yrs ago and would love to do the other two.

    ReplyDelete