Thursday, April 5, 2012

Fairy Tale Crafty: Snow White and Rose Red by Castle of Costa Mesa



This is for all of you Snow White and Rose Red fans. After reading and looking at the wonderful story of Snow White and Rose Red as created and presented by Castle of Costa Mesa, I wanted to make some of these dolls myself. I am feeling creatively hobbled right now thanks to the move of the decade. All of my stuff is packed and I would love to relax with some needle and fabric right now. At least I have my Kindle and more than enough books to read on it or I would be going insane after posts like this!

Anyway, when it comes down to it, this is one of the best illustrated versions of the story I have seen and all created for a children's party by an enterprising Waldorf-loving mom who also makes dolls for her Etsy store. The selection is small right now, but I want a prince or even a Snow White and Rose Red of my own. Perhaps after the move...

I am only showing a select few pictures but there are over 40 available on the Castle of Costa Mesa blog spread out over two posts: The Making of the Dolls and The Puppet Show. Do not miss these. There are many charming images not to be missed. These were inspired by Making Fairy Tale Scenes which I posted about earlier today.
 



2 comments:

  1. Dear Heidi,
    Thank you so much for your enthusiastic review of my dolls! I am giving away a handmade topsy turvy doll on my blog for August 2012 (this is my first time ever!). Can you please help me put a word out there? Thanks!
    http://castleofcostamesa.com/
    Jzin
    CastleofCostaMesa.Com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Heidi,

    How are you? Thank you so much for featuring my work! I really appreciate it. I am giving away a handmade mermaid doll on my Castle of Costa Mesa dot Com website. Do you mind posting it for your readers? Thank you so much! Here is the link...
    http://castleofcostamesa.com/free-for-you/fall-2012-giveaway-handmade-mermaid-doll-by-castleofcostamesa-com#

    Jzin
    CastleofCostaMesa.Com
    Fairy Tale Dolls, Handmade with Love

    ReplyDelete