Saturday, May 15, 2010

Robin Hood Week: Classic Illustrations



Robin Hood: A Classic Illustrated Edition

Robin Hood: A Classic Illustrated Edition is already out of print but a wonderful resource for seeing how Robin Hood has been portrayed by illustrators over the years.  This is another entry in the ongoing series by Cooper Edens, many of which have been fairy tale entries over the years. 

Of course, there are many resources online for Robin Hood illustrations, too.  Several are provided at the Robin Hood Project at the University of Rochester.  See this list here:  Artists and Images.

I have to admit one of my favorite Robin Hood illustrators is N. C. Wyeth.  He's one of the most popular, too, but has well earned that popularity.









This one is by by Edmund Warren George and also available on Art.com:




I had planned many more illustrations today and more may happen, but I am having computer woes which are resulting in a new computer.  Better in the long run, but a great hardship as I port and adjust.  I will share more today and tomorrow if I get a chance, but I doubt it...

No comments:

Post a Comment