Our next entry in the Fairy Tale Gifts 2012 Giveaway is from youstillshine:
I have so many fairy tale items on my wishlist!
1. First of all, there's Once Upon a Time, a cross-stitch pattern by Marilyn Leavitt-Imblum under the name Butternut Road. It's not about one tale specifically, but between the name and the actual design, it always makes me think of fairy tales! (From Heidi: See my long ago post here. I'm about a quarter of the way through the Fairy Godmother pattern but this year has kept me from any cross-stitching.)
2. Beauty & the Beast: A Pop-up Book of the Classic Fairy Tale Then there's this stunning Beauty and the Beast pop-up book. B&TB is one of my favorite tales, and this has some of the most gorgeous illustrations I've seen in a picture book. (From Heidi: Pop up fairy tales are pretty much auto buys for me, indulging two of my passions. Next pop up from Reinhart and Sabuda's studio: Sleeping Beauty! Probably for NEXT Christmas.)
3. There's also Bound by Donna Jo Napoli. I've read most of her other fairytale retellings, but this one somehow escaped my attention until recently! I love reading stories set in places that aren't Western Europe and America, or some thinly-veiled fantasy world based on those areas, so I'm excited to read it.
4. White As Snow (Fairy Tale) by Tanith Lee. Her fairytale collection, Red As Blood, is probably my favorite compilation of short stories (although Kissing the Witch by Emma Donoghue gives it a run for it's money) and I'm extremely intrigued by this book. Snow White mixed with the Demeter and Persephone myth? Sign me up! (From Heidi: How I miss this series...)
5. Lastly, there's Shelley Duvall's Faerie Tale Theatre: The Complete Collection. I remember watching - and loving! - some of these stories as a child, and I'd love to rewatch them now that I know more about fairy tales.