Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Snow White by Courtney Brims

I thought I would share some of my recent Snow White discoveries this week in conjunction with my article appearing in Faerie Magazine. I'm not making it an official Snow White week, but expect a few extra Snow White posts. Once my next anthology of Snow White and Sleeping Beauty tales is completed, I plan to do an official week...

Today is a lovely pencil drawing by Courtney Brims, an Australian artist. "Courtney Brims is a self-taught artist based in Brisbane, Australia. She loves all things unusual and is inspired by fairytales, Victorian illustration, memories and dreams."


So explore Brim's site and see some of her other work....although I admit this one is my favorite. I had a visceral reaction to it the first time I saw it and it has become one of my favorite Snow White images ever, hands down. I don't say that lightly. The simplest explanation is that it captures the character so well for me, one of the ways I always imagine her and didn't realize until I saw it.

This one had been in my files for a while, but it also appears on Eirin Forteller's blog if it looks familiar...

2 comments:

  1. This is my absolute favourite illustration of Snow White. it´s just gorgious!

    ReplyDelete