Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Disney's Snow White by Thomas Kinkade


Another Snow White entry for the week...

I am well aware that Thomas Kinkade is in the "love him or hate him" category of modern artists. He definitely has his own "fairy tale" quality to his paintings so I can't think of a better artist for interpreting traditional Disney films and apparently someone else thought of it first, because he has.

Kinkade has produced a limited edition series of paintings for some of Disney's most popular films, including Snow White. Above is Snow White Discovers Cottage.

And while we're here, I'll share the Cinderella related Kinkade prints. There are also ones for Pinocchio and Peter Pan, but I'm not sharing those here, just providing links.


Cinderella Wishes Upon a Dream


A New Day at the Cinderella Castle: This one is more about the park than the movie, but it's Cinderella, so here it is!

And now I admit I wish he had put his hands to interpreting the Once Upon a Dream sequence from Sleeping Beauty.... These aren't my primary taste, but I always get happy feelings when I see that scene.

Disclosure: The links are to Art.com, of which SurLaLune is an affiliate, so any sales made after clicking through links provide a small percentage back to SurLaLune. However, being an affiliate also gives me the right to post the images without any copyright infringement issues, too. And as always, thanks for your support of SurLaLune.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Snow White Discovers Cottage feels wonderfully right. That one seems, to me, the best example of Kinkade-Disney. Very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Sheryl. I thought the Snow White was the best of the series--when I first saw it, it even took me a moment to realize it was a Disney scene.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a big follower of the Kinkade repertoire, but the Snow White piece is a looker!

    ReplyDelete