Thursday, October 1, 2009

Halloween Costuming



October is here and will end with Halloween here in the states. Thus inspired, I did a search for fairy tale inspired costumes over the last few days in case you are needing your own inspiration for this month's festivities. I stuck with cute or fun and avoided naughty, so you're on your own for those. I also avoided the obvious Disney choices, especially the princess line. I don't think anyone will have a problem learning about those.

The first one pictured above is the Rubies Lil Frog Prince Costume w/ Sound Chip and one of my favorites, but there are plenty more.

Little Red Riding Hood Elite Collection Child Costume


Big Bad Wolf Costume

Little Pig Costume


And in keeping with Jack and the Beanstalk Week, wouldn't it be fun to wear a plaid shirt and jeans or a peasant style costume then add lots of vines for the beanstalk? Homemade is always fun for those who aren't time challenged. And greenery can often be found at the dollar store.

If anyone has any fun costume pictures to share, post below or send me an email. I hope to have a Halloween post of "real world" costumes to share at the end of the month.

I have to admit I've cheated over the years since I'm not much of a dress-up person. I usually stick with my Fairy Godmother t-shirt and blue jeans or something similar. I do have a pair of fairy wings, but they are very much a nuisance at a gathering, either getting damaged or damaging others. I should have chosen smaller ones, subtle ones, but no, I chose big, pretty blue ones instead. There had been plans for a traditional fairy godmother costume when the purchase was made, but that never happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment