Friday, September 24, 2010

Natalie Portman as Snow White

Another window I've had open for days, so I need to share it, so I can reduce my desktop clutter:

From Jean-Pierre Jeunet to Direct Natalie Portman in a Snow White Reimagining?

It was revealed back in June that Melisa Wallack had penned an edgy re-imagining of Snow White, with Relativity Media and Brett Ratner (X-Men, Rush Hour) announced at producers.

It seems the potential film has received some attention from two big names: Natalie Portman (Black Swan, Closer) and Jean-Pierre Jeunet (Micmacs, Amelie).

Pajiba are reporting that Portman is interested in playing the titular role of Snow White, while Jeunet has an eye firmly on the directing gig.

Both Portman and Jeunet are unique in what they do, so it’ll be interesting to see these two talents come together for an edgy retelling of a classic, much-adorned fairytale. It has me foaming at the mouth just thinking about it.
So does this one interest you?

2 comments:

  1. Oooh! I'm curious to see what that collaboration would look like in any case, but especially in adapting Snow White.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really not interested in anything that is classified as "edgy." Natalie Portman has a vast amount of talent, but I don't think she should be playing Snow White. A 29-year-old woman in a fairy tale is entering the stage of life in which she is more likely to be jealous of the young heroine.

    ReplyDelete