Sunday, September 12, 2010

John S. Goodall's Theatre The Sleeping Beauty




My own collecting of fairy tale illustrations has lessened over the years as other websites have stepped into the excellent job of sharing more illustrations than I can produce myself.  My focus, as always, has been primarily on the texts, but that doesn't mean I also don't love the illustrations.  Today I am sharing pictures from one of my favorite illustration blogs, Vintage Kids' Books My Kid Loves.  Almost a year ago, she shared her scans of John S. Goodall's Theatre The Sleeping Beauty (Atheneum, 1980).

These are the types of illustrations that are better large so you can see the details, so do click through to see them.  You can read more about the book on the other blog's page linked above, too.












Tomorrow I will start a full week of Snow White and Sleeping Beauty discussions.  Some of them are already written and in the queue so stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. I remember this post on VKBMKL and was as enchanted then as I am now! Thanks for sharing, again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came across your beautiful website and then I saw the ugly advertisements, who wants to look at half naked women when they enter a fairy web page?
    Won't be visiting you again, YUK! Sooooo off putting.

    ReplyDelete