Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Tweeting the Tales: Hans Christian Andersen

April 2nd was Hans Christian Andersen's 205th birthday which I completely missed thanks to other distractions. I didn't see many other mentions around the web either, so I don't feel TOO bad about it.

However, Sarah Beth Durst--author of Ice, Into the Wild, Out of the Wild and the upcoming Enchanted Ivy--posted Tweeting the Tales: Hans Christian Andersen as a salute to him. (She was a few days late, too, so again I don't feel TOO bad.)

Hans Christian Andersen created some of the most enduring characters and stories ever written. In honor of his birthday, I am now going to trivialize his monumental achievement by retelling his most famous tales as tweets...

TWEETING THE TALES: HANS CHRISTIAN ANDERSEN (in 140 characters or less)

The Little Mermaid:
Young mermaid gives up everything to be with man she loves. Dies after he marries less fishy-smelling bride.

The Snow Queen: Young girl embarks on epic quest through winter and woods to save annoying boy. Also, cool ice castle.

The Ugly Duckling: Swan suffering from case of mistaken identity learns that it's more important to be pretty than loved.

There are more on her site--I didn't copy them all!--so do click through to read the rest.

And I've mentioned it before, but I'll mention it again, don't miss her Obscure Fairy Tales.

This is from my list of miscellaneous fairy tale stuff from recent weeks which I am clearing off my list...

2 comments:

  1. Hahahahaa!!!! Awesome!!! I wonder if I could Tweet Hamlet... hmmmmm.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Google changed their logo for him. It was gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete