Sunday, February 24, 2013

Bargain Books: The Hero's Guide to Saving Your Kingdom and More



Amazon has a new The Big Deal with many great bargain books. The sale is through March 10th, but experience has taught me that some books disappear from the list once they meet some quota or other measure. So don't delay on books you really want!

My top pick so far--I'm still sorting through the categories--has been The Hero's Guide to Saving Your Kingdom (The League of Princes) by Christopher Healy. I have needed to acquire my own copy since my paper copy went home at Christmas with an adoring niece who couldn't leave it behind. Despite her claim a few days earlier that she never rereads books anymore and that she had finished it. I was just privately amused and didn't point this out to her as I waved the book goodbye and returned the title to my personal acquisition list. She's ten, she's allowed to be contradictory just like the rest of us. Anyway, I just got to replace it for $1.99. Thank you!

And The Summer of Moonlight Secrets by Danette Haworth has such a beautiful cover--I want to be wherever that is. And I suspect the big reveal involves mermaids or selkies. Because they usually do. Although I could be wrong! The description promises myth and mystery, a delicious combination, yes?

There are some other favorites that aren't fairy tale connected, especially for me in the Big Deal: Children's Titles, like Betsy-Tacy (Betsy-Tacy Books) and even some fairy tale picture books--I like to have some as backup although I am still adamantly a paper book person when it comes to picture books.



No comments:

Post a Comment