Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Red Riding Hood by Beatriz Martin Vidal




These are illustrations for Red Riding Hood by Beatriz Martin Vidal found via Children's / Fantasy Illustrations.  I went exploring and found Beatriz's website where the captions for the pictures were also provided.  Wow, they add to the impact with just a few words.

These are apparently illustrations for a book of the tale to be published in 2010 (this year) by Oxford University Press, but I can't find any other reference to it on OUP or elsewhere.  I am traveling right now so my mad internet searching is limited, but I will share if I learn anything else in the future. 

She also has some other fairy tale illustrations on her site, but this Riding Hood receives the most extensive treatment.


Premonition


First Encounter


Grandma and Wolf


Coming out of wolf


Second Wolf

3 comments:

  1. They are really wonderful images. I can't wait for this book. Please share if you discover more. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the post, Heidi. I feel honored by being here. I love this iste. The publisher is OUP España. Here's the link:

    http://www.oupe.es/es/Literatura/CuentosMaravillosos/caperucitarojanacional/Paginas/caperucitarojanacional.aspx

    I think there will be an english sooner or later, but this one is in spanish, ISBN: 978-84-673-5396-9

    Thanks again, hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, is there an english version of this available today?

      Delete