Thursday, June 3, 2010

Searching for Cinderella




From Harris, Shankman & DioGuardi Guest Judge 'Searching for Cinderella' Competition:

MPI Entertainment, Producers of Footloose, The Wedding Singer, Jason Haigh-Ellery and El Portal Theatre have partnered with Westfield Shopping Malls to search for the lead role in their CINDERELLA, A Modern Magical Musical Extravaganza in the style of a TRADITIONAL LONDON PANTO, Produced and directed by The Lythgoe Family.** November 27 - December 19, 2010 - at the historic El Portal Theatre in North Hollywood. The Celebrity Judges will be Adam Shankman, Kara DioGuardi and Neil Patrick Harris.

Can you sing? Can you dance? Can you act? Every girl's dream comes true with this chance to play Cinderella.

OPEN CALLS AUDITION DATES:

· WESTFIELD TOPANGA WEDNESDAY JULY 7th 2010

6600 Topanga Canyon Blvd, Canoga Park, CA 91303

Celebrity Judge Adam Shankman

· WESTFIELD SANTA ANITA FRIDAY JULY 9th 2010

400 S Baldwin Ave. Suite 231, Arcadia, CA 91007

Celebrity Judge Kara DioGuardi

· WESTFIELD CULVER CITY WEDNESDAY JULY 14th 2010

6000 Sepulveda Blvd. Culver City, CA 90230

Celebrity Judge Neil Patrick Harris
You can read more at SearchForCinderella.com. And the website is very poorly designed, but the competition appears to be real.  The web design hurts because that's what the hubby does for a living.  (It's a lot less glamorous and lucrative than it appears, but we manage to eat.)

On a side note, I don't think Angelina Jolie will be auditioning.  From I am no Cinderella, says Angelina Jolie:
Hollywood superstar Angelina Jolie is known for playing tough women on screen and the actress says she can never imagine herself playing a girly character like Cinderella.

The 'Lara Croft:Tomb Raider' star says that she can never play a fairy tale character like Cinderella, who waits to be rescued by a prince charming, because it is nothing like how she is in real life, reported Contactmusic.

"The cleaning the floors or the knight in shining armour? I don't know, I don't think any of them sound like me," said the 36-year-old who raises six children with partner Brad Pitt.
That's about all I have to say about that.  Except for that I wish I was going to be in California in December to see it.  A panto of Cinderella would be fun...

**I have to admit I'm a Nigel Lythgoe fan since So You Think You Can Dance is one of my very favoritest shows.  Even if my DVR is having a hard time understanding my request to record every episode.  Hmph.  And it will never appear on DVD apparently.  I really can watch it over and over again...

Which reminds me that I wonder what the Broadway versions of Footloose and The Wedding Singer are like...

No comments:

Post a Comment