Thursday, May 31, 2012

Sesame Street Book of Fairy Tales



Since I am posting about The Muppet Snow White today, I had to share another, even rarer fairy tale book, Sesame Street Book of Fairy Tales. This one dates from my youth. The book was recently featured on Vintage Kids' Books My Kid Loves where you can read more about the book and its contents as well as view more of the images. I borrowed two from there to share here. I admit the idea of The Count interrupting Goldilocks and The Three Little Pigs to count things makes me giggle because I am of that generation. John and I will even channel the count sometimes in our own conversations. Sesame Street sticks with you! I wish I had had this book back in the day, but I only had The Berenstain Bears Fairy Tales.




Sesame Street has also offered up other fairy tale retellings, including, but I am sure not limited to:

  

  

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to hazard a guess that the Big Bird/Andersen book does not include "The Red Shoes."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vaguely recall the "Linda the Lonely" fairy tale from a Sesame Street Library series--it basically was reprinted in there.

    ReplyDelete