Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Three Little Aliens and the Big Bad Robot by Margaret McNamara (Author), Mark Fearing (Illustrator)



The Three Little Aliens and the Big Bad Robot by Margaret McNamara (Author), Mark Fearing (Illustrator) was released this past September. I haven't seen The Three Little Pigs done quite like this before!



Book description:

GREEP BOINK MEEP! The three little aliens are happily settling into their new homes when the Big Bad Robot flies in to crack and smack and whack their houses down! A chase across the solar system follows in this out-of-this-world version of the classic Three Little Pigs tale. Margaret McNamara (How Many Seeds in a Pumpkin?) and Mark Fearing (The Book that Eats People) have created a humorous and visually stunning story that kids will adore—and that will introduce them to the planets and the solar system. The endpapers even include a labeled diagram of all the planets.


If you look closely at the endpapers, you'll see the houses on the planets.





3 comments:

  1. I've been on the look out for retellings of the 3 little pigs, so great to discover this, this morning. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This came through my library this morning, so I stopped to read it. It was fantastic! I don't have kids, but I feel like I need to go out and buy this book for when I do...or just for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the aliens are the green version of the minions of "Despicable Me" :-/

    ReplyDelete