Monday, February 6, 2012

Grimm Legacies 2012: Getting Started on the Recap



Yes, I have returned home to Nashville after spending the last few days at Harvard attending the Grimm Legacies Symposium. I am still processing all of the great material shared this weekend. I already know I won't be able to give the full coverage everyone would wish, but over the next few weeks I am going to glean what I can from my notes and post here.

Some of my posts will be about books mentioned--I get those questions too much not to post about the books here!--and some will be about the content of the talk themselves.

If you were a participant or audience member now reading this, please feel free to share in the comments or by email what you heard and thought. Overall, it was a great weekend and I am thankful to everyone who made it possible from the organizers at Harvard (Maria Tatar, Holly Hutchison and Deborah Foster), their supporters and all the participants and attendees. I always say these events wouldn't work without an audience, so every person sitting in a chair (or on the floor or leaning against a wall) was important to the event's success.

I met many people and enjoyed putting faces with names (and regular SurLaLune readers) so thank you for coming up and introducting yourselves, too.

And, for a light recap, you can also peruse the #GrimmLegacies tweets by Linda J. Lee and Cole Tucker on Twitter. Linda (and Donald Haase through one degree of separation) have persuaded me to try Twitter with the blog for a while. Regular readers here and some of the audience at Grimm Legacies know it will take a major change (either in me or it) for me to attempt Facebook again. You can follow me there at SurLaLuneHeidi.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting about the symposium in the first place -- that's how I found out about it! And it was a pleasure to meet you. I was the one who mistook you for someone I knew on Saturday morning (based on the hat) and then became star-struck and babbled on when I realized who you actually were.

    I wish I could have been there Friday night and I'm especially eager to hear about what I missed. I'll contribute to the Saturday recaps in comments insofar as I have anything to add!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very interested to hear about this! I'm fascinated by the Grimm stories.

    ReplyDelete