Thursday, June 25, 2009

Faerie Magazine: Spring 2009 Issue



The Spring 2009 issue of Faerie Magazine should be available by now at your local booksellers and should remain on shelves for another month or so. Most Barnes and Noble and Borders locations carry them in their periodical sections if you're not interested in a subscription. My column in this issue is about Beauty and the Beast, one of my favorite fairy tales, so it took me a few years to finally write about it.

The article is titled "Beauties and Their Beasts." In it, I discuss the tale's literary origins and the two versions by Madame Gabrielle-Suzanne de Villeneuve and Madame Jeanne-Marie Leprince de Beaumont as well as some modern versions that are well-known today.

2 comments:

  1. You know, I've never bothered to pick up the magazine before, but with your Beauty and the Beast article, now I absolutely must! It's my favorite as well, and I love any new words I can dig up on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And don't miss the Beauty and the Beast tiles that Burne-Jones painted for Morris & Co., too, since you liked the Cinderella series. The B & B are in a private residence/collection, but the images can be widely seen on the internet. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete