Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Fairy Tales in Advertising: Flodilocks and Progressive




That is a recent commercial from Progressive Insurance using Goldilocks for inspiration. Saw it a few weeks ago while I was watching something with the husband. He turned to me and said, "You're going to blog that, right?"

Ah, marriage. He knows me so well.

Anyway, I actually like the commercial for what it is and it has a great ending line for the bears. Poor bears. They almost always get the short end of the stick.

I am always reminded about how I want to do a series of posts on Goldilocks and those bears. I don't think I will ever do a SurLaLune book collection for the tale but I have learned a lot more than is on the SurLaLune site over the years.

The weekend--spent at the Southern Festival of Books!--wiped me out and I am still catching up. So Beauty and the Beast posts should resume on Wednesday after I can do some final edits on posts. Never fear, I am still going to write lots more about the tale. I am regrouping since I had to refill my brain with Cinderella for the book festival--thanks to the 25+ souls who came and listened to me on Friday for an hour. It was fun although I was a little worried about the young ones in the audience. Cinderella is not always for the Princess set! I told about her murderous history--well, one of the tamest versions in the most understated way. I didn't touch the Greek Cinderellas which are perhaps the most disturbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment