Thursday, January 24, 2013

Available on Amazon: Marvelous Transformations: An Anthology of Fairy Tales and Contemporary Critical Perspectives




Marvelous Transformations: An Anthology of Fairy Tales and Contemporary Critical Perspectives by Christine A. Jones (Editor)and Jennifer Schacker (Editor) is available on Amazon! This great book has been through some distribution issues--my original order was canceled and I had to order it direct from the publisher. Also, right now on Amazon it is part of the "Buy $25 or more in Textbooks, get a $5 Amazon MP3 Credit" deal, details are on the book page.

So for those who like the convenience of bookstore shopping, it's on Amazon now despite worries it would not be there. I didn't know this until it appeared as a recommendation for another book I was browsing. I like being able to buy through online bookstores where I control my book budget with gift certificate buying, especially ebooks and easily track my purchasing. And my nearest bookstore is 15 miles away and not likely to have 98% of what I want these days anyway. For decades, I NEVER walked out of a bookstore empty handed. Now I rarely visit them and usually have nothing in hand. My last trip to Barnes and Noble in December resulted in a toy purchase for John, not a book at all.

Also, the book has a Facebook page you can visit.

You may also preview the introduction and Table of Contents in a PDF here.

Book description:

Marvelous Transformations is an innovative anthology of fairy tales and related criticism that reflects current, interdisciplinary scholarship on oral traditions and the cultural history of the fairy tale. In addition to the tales, original critical essays, newly written for this volume, introduce students to differing perspectives on key ideas in the field.



No comments:

Post a Comment