Friday, January 11, 2013

Arnold Schwarzenegger and Grimms



TABS? Oh, boy, do I have tabs. I will do a clearing out my tabs post soon, but some of these I did want to give a full post. I'll be catching up over the next few days.

This was originally pointed out on Maria Tatar's blog, for those who read there, too, but deserved it's own shout out on SurLaLune:

From Arnold Schwarzenegger: By the Book:

What were your favorite books as a child? Did you have a favorite character or hero?

When I was young, we were constantly exposed to the works of Peter Rosegger, who was a hero in Styria, my home state. He wrote incredible stories with a focus on our region, so he was one of the favorites.

We also constantly read these terribly violent stories by the Grimm Brothers. I mean, the cleaned-up versions of these are nowhere near the horror stories we used to read. It’s no wonder my brother was a total scaredy-cat and afraid to walk home alone after you realize he had been exposed to the tales of the Grimm Brothers.

No comments:

Post a Comment