Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Amazon's Cinderella

 

 

I'm trying to make it back to regular posting, folks. It's been a really difficult three years personally with a pandemic on top of it. So I'm starting with some low hanging fruit here!

So the trailer for Amazon's Cinderella is available for previewing. As you can see above. Go ahead and watch it. I'll wait for you.

Now that's an adventure, isn't it? I've been reading, watching, and listening to versions of Cinderella for almost five decades now. And this one looks like it will be fun just to watch the many ways they try to bend the tropes in one rendition. Since Pierce Brosnan was my first crush many moons ago, I have to admit I'm willing to show up to watch him, too, for old time's sake. A rewatch of Remington Steele last year during shutdown reminded me I had good taste at 12. It's funny how it feels Disneyesque but more ambitious in its trope bending. After a summer with Schmigadoon, these musicals are beginning to feel like their having yet another resurgence. 

I rather wish they had given this a more creative Cinderella title to make it easier to find in future years.

The official information for the film:

Cinderella is a musically-driven bold new take on the traditional story you grew up with. Our heroine (Camila Cabello) is an ambitious young woman whose dreams are bigger than the world will allow, but with the help of her Fab G (Billy Porter), she is able to persevere and make her dreams come true. 
Written for the screen and directed by Kay Cannon with covers of songs written by some of the top-selling musical artists of all time, Cinderella has an all-star cast that includes Idina Menzel, Minnie Driver, Nicholas Galitzine, with Billy Porter and Pierce Brosnan. Producers are James Corden, Leo Pearlman, Jonathan Kadin and Shannon McIntosh, and executive producers are Louise Rosner and Josephine Rose.
Go here to add it to your Amazon Watchlist.

And I have to agree, I don't think there is any magic that can make a glass slipper comfortable!


As an Amazon Associate, the SurLaLune Fairy Tale site earns a percentage from qualifying purchases as a referral incentive which helps support the site. Your cost does not increase by using the links on this site. Read SurLaLune's Privacy Policy here

No comments:

Post a Comment