Saturday, November 9, 2013

2014 Fairy Tale Calendars



I never did my 2014 Fairy Tales Calendar post this year! And these are selling out. They rarely have a large enough print run to make it through Christmas shopping.

First up is Art Deco Fairytales 2014 Calendar: With Glittered Cover--there was one of these last year--which in reality is a Kay Nielsen Fairy Tales Calendar since all of the illustrations are his. I'm not complaining since he is one of my favorites. Here is an image of the back with all twelve months' images. April is one of my all time Nielsen favorites from East of the Sun and West of the Moon.

P.S. Kay is pronounced KIGH and rhymes with HIGH; it does not rhyme with bay, may, say, etc. Kay Nielsen was a man, not a woman.


Next up are the calendars from Taschen--the illustrations for these are pulled from Taschen's The Fairy Tales of the Brothers Grimm. It offers illustrations by several illustrators.


You have the options for The Fairy Tales of the Brothers Grimm 2014 (Taschen Wall Calendars) or The Fairy Tales of the Brothers Grimm 2014 (Taschen Weekly Tear-off Calendars). I have the back of the wall calendar below and we get another of my Kay Nielsen favorites for January, this time from Twelve Dancing Princesses.


Here are images from the weekly calendar, too.



Finally, for the Once Upon a Time fans, there is the 2014 Once Upon A Time Wall Calendar.


Once again, here's the back so you see the annual images.


I haven't seen an official Arthur Rackham calendar from a large calendar publisher this year although some small press publishers have done a few.

Anyway, this is a fun way to get fairy tales into your office. I admit I waver between these and the Reading Women calendars every year. I always imagine they are reading fairy tales or a really great novel. There are always a few of those but most are already sold out except for the one from Pomegranate--The Reading Woman 2014 Calendar--the one I chose for next year. Looking at all of these women reading inspires me through the year, perhaps more than the fairy tale images.


3 comments:

  1. They are so beautiful.

    Regards from Spain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the images and the suggestions. I always get the wall calendars with James C. Christensen illustrations. Many are fairy tale related, others original fantasy. All are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The way you explain is very easy to understand. You can also check our blog : wall calendars

    ReplyDelete